This article covers how to create the Arcade Games custom object and set up our custom fields.
In order to demonstrate what you can accomplish using page builder in Platform, we will use the Arcade Games example and take you through the process of creating an object, overriding system-generated pages, and then configuring how collected data is presented in the list view.
- Create the new Arcade Games custom object. Platform will automatically generate a set of page templates as well as a resource configuration, a validation schema, and a basic list configuration.
- Add custom fields to the Arcade Games object so that you can input the data you need when you create a new record. By default, all the custom fields you add here will be rendered on the -create, -edit, and -view pages.
- Configure these default pages using the components available from Storybook. All the system-generated pages can be found on the Platform Settings page.
- Override the system-generated arcade-games-create template to configure the layout of the fields on the Create record page.
- Override the system-generated arcade-games-edit template to configure the layout of the fields on the Edit record page. Please note, if making changes to the
autoformfields, you must ensure that all the fields you included on the -create template are also included on the -edit template.
- Override the system-generated arcade-games-view template to configure the layout of the Record page.
- Once you have configured your -create, -edit, and -view templates, it can be helpful to configure the global navigation bar in order to make it easier to engage with your data. For example, you could add links to the Create page and the List view page.
- The default List view page will not contain any of your custom fields. If you want to view any of the data from your custom fields in the list view, you must manually add the columns you want to be displayed on the Edit default columns page.
- Configure how the data is presented within the list view. For example, by adding hyperlinks or changing the format of the text in a column.
- Finally, in order further enhance the usability of your data, you can override the default -list template to include features like bulk selection or a button that links to your -create page.
This article covers how to override the default settings of the arcade-games-create template.
This article covers how to override the default settings of the arcade-games-edit template.
This article covers how to override the default settings of the arcade-games-view template.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.