Quick-start 2 - How to set up resources
The Quick-start series of articles enables you to go from setting up resources to dispatching your first job in a few short steps.
- Quick-start 1: The onboarding wizard.
- Quick-start 2: How to set up resources (this article).
- Quick-start 3: Creating jobs.
- Quick-start 4: Dispatching jobs.
This article will take you through how to set up those resources you created during onboarding. A resource must have a contact number, a preferred method of notification, and be made available before they can receive jobs from a scheduler.
NoteTest Skedulo users already exist as Salesforce users (if you’d like more information on how to set these up, go to Creating/Editing Salesforce Users).
- To see a list of your resources, navigate to Resources > People from the navigation menu.
- Select a resource from the list to view their details.
In the Details view of your chosen resource, ensure that the following fields are populated:
- Mobile number (including the country prefix).
- Preferred notification method (we recommended push but SMS is also available).
- Save the selections.
Update the Availability for your resource to ensure it reflects their normal working hours. This is configured using the Availability console.
- Navigate to Availability > Calendar to view a list of your resources and their availability.
- Click the Add new button at the top-right of the calendar.
- Select Availability template from the dropdown.
- On the Patterns tab:
- Enter a name for the template (optional).
- Select the days that your resource will be generally available to work, e.g., Monday to Friday.
- Select the times that your resource will be generally available to work, e.g., 9:00-5:00.
- Click the Next button.
- On the Resources tab, select the resources that are to be associated with this template (a single individual recommended).
- Click Save to save the template.
The resource now is available to receive jobs.
Was this page helpful?