Manage schedule rule conflicts on the Skedulo Pulse Platform
Beta featureBeta features should be considered “in development” and may not be fully supported or complete. Beta features are available as a preview for testing purposes and may be unstable. They should be used with caution in production environments.
NoteThis feature is only available on the Skedulo Pulse Platform.
The Rule conflicts console helps to create a workflow for resolving conflicts that arise from schedules breaking the schedule rules configured for your team.
Resolve rule conflicts
Resolution of the conflict depends on the type. For example, if a time constraint rule has a conflict, then either the scheduled time or the time constraint needs to be changed to resolve it.
To resolve a conflict, do the following:
- Click on the job number or resource name (depending on the type of conflict) in the conflict row. The job details page or resource swimlane displays, as is applicable.
- Make changes so that there is no longer a conflict with the schedule rules. For example, if the conflict record indicates that the job is over allocated, deallocate the extra resources.
NoteWhen a schedule is updated so that the jobs are no longer conflicting with any of the rules, the record will no longer appear in the Rule conflicts console.
Edit a rule conflict
Web app users with permissions for managing rule conflicts (violations) can change the status of a conflict and assign a user who can then be responsible for resolving it.
Change the status of a conflict record
Rule conflict records can have a status of Open, In progress, Closed, or Acknowledged.
To change the status of a record, do the following:
- On the conflict to update, click Edit.
- Click the Status dropdown and select the new status to assign.
- Click Save. The new status displays in the Status column.
Assign a user to a conflict record
To assign a user to a conflict record, do the following:
- On the conflict to assign, click Edit.
- Click the Assignee dropdown and select the user to assign to the conflict.
- Click Save. The user’s name displays in the Assignee column.
NoteAssigning a user does not automatically alert or notify them that an action is required of them.
Was this page helpful?