Cancel or reschedule a job
There will be times when a job will need to be canceled or rescheduled. Mostly this will be performed by the scheduler, but when permitted (using admin settings), a resource may cancel jobs as well.
Cancel a job
A scheduler can cancel a job at any time during its workflow. To cancel a job:
- Open the job’s details page.
- In top righthand side of the job details header, click on the Actions button.
- From the dropdown menu, select Cancel Job to display the Cancel Job modal.
- Select a reason for the cancelation from the dropdown list.
- Click Yes, cancel to confirm.
The job will now be locked, its job status will change to Cancelled. A cancelation notification appears at the top-right of the console.
NoteOnce a job is canceled, it cannot be restored.
To free up resources from a canceled job, there is an admin setting named Remove allocated resources when a job is canceled.
- When enabled, the job allocation status will change to Deleted. The job card will be removed from the job details swimlane and the resource is free to be allocated to another job for this time slot.
- When disabled, the job allocation statuses will remain unchanged. The job card remains in place on the job details swimlane, and the resource will not be recommended for another job for this time slot (using the Suggest feature).
It is also possible to cancel a job from the jobs calendar and jobs console.
Resources can be notified when a job is canceled by a scheduler. There is an admin setting named Enable automatic resource notifications when a job changes (currently a Beta feature. Once enabled, Skedulo will send a cancelation notification to the end user’s mobile device.
Decline or cancel a job, View and manage job details, the calendar view, The Work console, and Customize scheduling workflow.
Reschedule a job
There are several ways to reschedule a job. They are listed below.
Reschedule a job from the job details page before dispatch
- Open the job’s details page.
- Locate the Start date and Start time.
- Change the allocated time and date to suit your new schedule.
- Click Save.
Reschedule a job from the calendar
- Open the Schedule console.
- In the Work list, locate the job card to be rescheduled.
- Drag-and-drop the job card onto a different date.
Reschedule a job after dispatch
If the job has already been dispatched, you can still adjust the start time. To adjust the start time, either perform the same actions as in the previous example or using your mouse, grab and move the job card in the swimlane.
Reschedule a recurring job
You can also change or reschedule the date and time of a job in a recurring schedule. The Skedulo web app notifies you of the change you intend to make via this confirmation modal:
- Select Yes to apply the changes to all jobs in the recurring schedule.
- Select No, only this job to apply the changes only to the current job in the recurring schedule.
- Select Cancel revert any changes in the recurring schedule.
Create and manage recurring schedules.
Reschedule a job that conflicts with availability
For information on how to reschedule a job that conflicts with availability, see the Availability console article.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.