Add virtual meetings to work
Organizations that need to provide services remotely have the option to enable virtual meetings.
Virtual meetings are a way to provide client services through video conferencing software delivered by a third-party provider through Skedulo’s web app.
When virtual meetings are configured in your organization, jobs that are in a Ready state, that is that they are scheduled and have resource/s confirmed, will automatically have a virtual meeting created.
The details of the virtual meeting are visible on the job on the Skedulo web and mobile apps. The details are also sent via email to the contact for the job and all allocated resources. If Attendees has been enabled during setup, job attendees will also receive an email.
Request accessContact your Skedulo Customer Success representative to have virtual meeting capability added to your Skedulo organization.
Authorizing the Meeting Provider
The following prerequisites are required before you can authorize a virtual meeting provider in your Skedulo org:
- The Virtual Meetings extension is installed.
- The Meetings Configuration page is published in your Skedulo web app.
- The Meetings Configuration page is available on your navigation bar.
Contact your Skedulo Customer Support representative for more information.
- Open the Meetings Configuration page.
- Select your preferred virtual meeting provider from the drop-down menu. Currently, Skedulo supports Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Click Authorize Provider. This opens your provider’s page to log in and authorize Skedulo within your provider account.
Request PermissionsYou may need to upgrade your user permissions within your Provider account in order to perform this authorization.
- After the provider has authenticated to your Skedulo environment, the selected provider appears in the Meetings Provider tab of the Virtual Meetings Configuration page. You will receive an email from your provider to confirm that the Skedulo app has been installed/authorized.
Configure Virtual Meetings
After you have virtual meetings enabled and configured with a virtual meeting provider, you can have virtual meetings created for all jobs automatically using the Automation feature.
When automated virtual meeting scheduling is enabled, virtual meetings will automatically be created through your provider when the job status transitions to Ready (the job has been scheduled and allocated resources are confirmed).
Currently, automation is the only way to set up virtual meetings through the Skedulo web application.
If you want to create virtual meetings on a case by case basis, you will need to do this using the Skedulo API.
See the Skedulo API Reference Guide for information about using the Virtual Meeting API.
You must have a virtual meeting provider enabled and configured in your Skedulo organization. See the Authorizing the Meeting Provider section above for more information.
- Obtain a long-lived API token in the Skedulo web app under Settings > Developer Tools > API Tokens. For more information about API tokens, see Configure Skedulo API Token.
- In the Meetings Configuration page, open the Automation tab.
- In the Skedulo LL Access Token field, provide your long-lived access token.
- (Optional) Provide a password for your meetings. Your meetings will be automatically created with this password, which will be required for guests to log in to the meeting.
- (Optional) Select Enable attendees if you want to invite all of the attendees to the meetings. (Attendees are only applicable when using Group Events, which is for jobs with multiple client contacts attending).
- (Optional) The Send ICS to recipients option is enabled by default. This sends an email with the virtual meeting information to all meeting guests. Disabling this feature will stop the contact or attendees from being notified by Skedulo about the virtual meeting. Schedulers and resources will have access to the meeting link via the Skedulo web and mobile apps.
- Click Enable Automation.
You can click Disable Automation to disable virtual job automation at any time.
To re-enable virtual meeting automation, you will need to provide your preferred configuration settings again, along with your Skedulo long-lived API token.
Virtual Meeting Lifecycle
When you have configured virtual jobs with automation in the Meetings Configuration page, any job you create will automatically have a virtual meeting created when the job status becomes Ready.
Resource iCalendar Required
Resources must have the calendar on their device set up to accept Skedulo jobs. Virtual meetings are added to the resource’s iCalendar. Resources without the iCalendar configured on their device will not have virtual meetings added to their calendars but will still have access to the meeting link via the job in the mobile app.
For more information about using the iCalendar link to sync your Skedulo jobs with your device’s calendar application see Set preferences with settings.
- Create a job with an assigned contact or list of attendees and schedule it with a resource.
- Dispatch the job to the resource. When the resource accepts, the job status changes to Ready.
All guests will be sent an email with the details of their virtual meeting.
If you require assistance with email customization, speak to your Skedulo Customer Service representative about creating a custom email template with your organization’s branding and preferred wording.
When the job status changes to Ready, the job details page requires a manual refresh to display the meeting link.
- Resources can start jobs and complete jobs, as well as provide relevant notes and data the same way they would for any other job using the Skedulo mobile app.
Resources can view the job on the Skedulo mobile app in the same way that other jobs appear.
NoteCurrently, resources cannot start their virtual meeting through the Skedulo mobile app. To do this, they will need to use the calendar integration in the following step.
- Resources need to open their device’s calendar application to find the virtual meeting link and login information.
- All meeting guests can access the meeting via the meeting link and where a password or other details are required, they will be contained in the meeting invite email.
Removing the Virtual Meeting Provider
You can remove the authorized virtual meeting provider from your Skedulo organization at any time.
Removing the provider will prevent virtual meetings from being created.
Any jobs that have already been scheduled with the current virtual meeting provider are unaffected and can proceed using the provided meeting URL unless your organization chooses to cease their account with the provider directly.
- In the Skedulo web application, go to Meetings Configuration to open the Virtual Meetings Configuration page.
- Confirm that you want to remove the virtual meeting provider currently authorized in the Meetings Provider tab.
- Click the Remove Provider button.
The Virtual Meetings Configuration page shows a warning if there is no integration for virtual meetings.
Requesting Virtual Meeting Support
To log a request for virtual meeting support, submit a request through the Skedulo Support Portal.
Where to Submit a Request
On the Skedulo support page, click Submit a request in the upper-right corner or navigate to https://support.skedulo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
What to Include in Your Request
The following information is required from you when you submit a request via our support portal:
- Your email address.
- Subject: A short clear summary of the issue.
- Description: A full and detailed explanation of the issue that you are encountering. Include details such as:
- Mobile Device Type: The device and operating system you are using.
- The Skedulo mobile app version number.
- Your team name.
- Error IDs.
- What is the impact on your business? (e.g., High).
- Organization: Enter your organization’s name.
- Attachments (optional).
Where to Locate Version Details
You can see your mobile device OS and version details in the following locations:
- Tap Settings.
- Select About device.
- Select Software info. The Android version number should now be displayed in the list.
- Tap Settings.
- Select General.
- Select About. The IOS version number should now be displayed in the list.
Skedulo Mobile App
You can see your Skedulo mobile app version details in the following locations:
- At the base of the login screen.
- At the base of the main menu.
Skedulo Web App
If you are interested in finding out the current version of your Skedulo web app, you can find the version number using Inspector on the web app (Inspector is a Chrome browser developer tool).
- Right-click on the user interface and click Inspect on the pop-up menu.
- Click on the Elements tab and scroll down to the bottom of the view.
Although attachments are optional, they can be helpful when troubleshooting. Please include any screen captures of the error where possible, as this may help us identify the issues you are experiencing.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.