Using Dynamic Messaging in Skedulo Platform
Dynamic messaging is a Skedulo accelerator product that injects instant messaging capabilities into the web and mobile apps. It provides a quick and flexible way of communication platform for resources in the office or in the field to stay up to date on information they need to complete their work throughout the day. It is one of Skedulo’s paid add-on products that works across Skedulo’s core web and mobile applications to connect your entire workforce.
Resources can access messaging functionality from their mobile device by tapping the Messages icon on the bottom navigation bar in the Skedulo Mobile App.
Salesforce Chatter cannot be used at the same time as Skedulo’s dynamic messaging feature. Enabling dynamic messaging will disable Salesforce Chatter integration in your Skedulo organization.
Contact your Skedulo Customer Success representative to discuss how to add dynamic messaging to your organization.
Channels are dedicated spaces where conversations and discussions over a topic can be held within a group of people. They can be either private or public for any project, client, team, or task. The main rationale for creating a channel is to connect people in one place where they can share and brainstorm ideas, have focused discussions, and determine how a task at hand should move ahead. With the right people and information in one place, channels can provide clarity to a particular piece of work and increase the productivity and efficiency of a team.
See Confirm device compatibility for more information about supported mobile devices.
You can also perform all of the same actions in the mobile UI as you can in the web app.
Dynamic Messaging in Web App
To access dynamic messaging from the Skedulo web application, click the chat bubble icon in the upper-right corner of the web UI.
Creating a dynamic message channel in the Skedulo web application
- Click the chat bubble in the upper-right corner.
- You can create a channel in the web application by clicking the + icon next to either Channels or Direct messages and completing the required information in the modal.
- Add users to the channel from the Members tab. You can do this by selecting one or multiple users from the list, or tapping select all to add all users to your organization.
Or by filtering the list from the search bar to find the users you want to include in the channel:
- Click Create when you are finished.
Sending direct messages in the Skedulo web application
You can use the same process to create a direct message channel in the web application.
- Click the + next to Direct messages to open a new direct message channel.
- Select the user or users you want to include in the direct message channel. You can include up to eight users including yourself in the channel.
- Click Go to create the channel and begin chatting.
- You can attach images and files using the attach icon () or use emojis from the emoji icon.
Tagging and notifications in the Skedulo web application
You can tag a user in a channel from the web app by typing
@ and selecting their name from the prompt.
The chat bubble icon in the Skedulo web application displays a notification number when there are new messages available for the logged-in user.
Admins and channel creators can archive channels from the web app.
- Open the channel you want to archive from the channel list.
- Click the info icon on the right side of the messaging window to open the Channel info panel.
- Click Archive.
Restore archived channels
Admin users can find, view, and restore archived channels of which they are a member using the web app.
Channel creators can also find, view, and restore archived channels that they created.
- Open messaging from the chat bubble icon in the navigation bar.
- Click the Add channels plus button icon in the Channels panel.
- Select Find a channel.
- In the Find a channel modal, click the Archived tab, then View next to the relevant channel.
- To restore the channel, click Restore channel in the admonition bar at the top of the message panel.
Was this page helpful?