Use work console
Aside from the scheduling console, the Work console is one of the primary ways a scheduler can manage jobs within Skedulo. You can quickly and easily find jobs matching a variety of criteria and it provides a summary of crucial information.
Viewing the work list
The default view shows all upcoming jobs, 25 records at a time, with page controls located at the bottom of the console.
To view the work list, in the top navigation bar, click Work > All work.
If there are no upcoming jobs, the message “You have no jobs yet. Create a job.” is displayed.
Columns in the work list
All jobs in the Work console are displayed in a table. By default the table contains the following columns (of which some can be sorted clicking on the small accent next to the title):
- Name/Description (can be sorted).
- Job Type (can be sorted).
- Status (can be sorted).
- Address (can be sorted).
- Scheduled (can be sorted).
- Urgency (can be sorted).
- Job offers.
- Indication of whether the job has been locked.
- Indication of whether the job forms part of a recurring series.
The display of these columns, including hiding some columns and displaying custom field columns, can be configured via the admin settings. For more information, see Admin Settings: Custom tables.
ImportantAdministrators! It is important that you do not edit the Urgency pick-list (drop-down list), as this will cause problems with the optimization functionality. For more information on how urgency is used for optimization, see the intelligent scheduling support page.
Work list filter bar
Time filter menu
The time filter menu is located in the top-right corner of the console. It has two options:
- Upcoming work (the default setting). This option displays all work scheduled for a time and date in the future, sorted by date-time from soonest to latest. This is a great way to quickly identify jobs that are in need of immediate attention. Upcoming work includes all work that has no date and time set, regardless of the job status (further filtering by job status can be done by adding another filter. For more information, see Adding multiple filters below).
- Past work. This option displays all work scheduled in the past. Note that this does not factor in the completion state of the job–an incomplete job will still be considered a past job.
The region filter is always applied. By default the work list shows all upcoming work in the scheduler’s default region.
To show work in multiple regions:
- Click the Region filter in the filter bar.
- Click to select or deselect regions as required. At least one region must be selected.
- Click Update.
Add multiple filters
The work list view can be fine-tuned by adding one or more of the following filters to the region filter:
- Job Offers.
- Job Type.
- Job Status.
- Job Urgency.
- Job Tags.
- Allocated Resources.
To add filters to the work list:
- Click the filter icon on the filter bar.
- Click the filter to add and refine using the additional criteria that appear.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for all filters you want to apply.
- Click Apply filters.
Save a custom filter set
If you frequently look up a list of work with specific filters, it can be quicker to save the set of filters for quick reference.
To save a set of filters:
- Apply the filters you want to save as a set.
- Click the bookmark icon in the filter bar
- Enter a name for the filter set.
- Click Save.
The saved filters can be accessed in the MY FILTERS dropdown in the filter bar:
Saved filter sets
- To apply a saved filter, click the MY FILTERS dropdown in the filter bar, and then click the filter you want to apply.
- To delete a saved filter set, hover over the menu icon on the filter you want to delete, and then click the bin icon.
Perform bulk actions on jobs in the work list
Some actions can be applied quickly from the work list. They can also be applied to more than one job at a time. The following actions can be performed on a job:
|Notify||Sends a notification of the selected jobs to the allocated resource. This can only be done if the job has an allocated resource with a notification protocol set for their user.|
|Lock||Makes it impossible to update any of the job data. A lock icon will appear on the work list and on the job details page when there is an attempt to edit a field.|
|Unlock||Unlocks the job so that information on it can be changed. Only locked jobs can be unlocked.|
|Deallocate||Removes all resource allocations from the job and returns its status to Pending Allocation.|
|Unschedule||Removes the date and time from the job, and changes the status to Queued.|
|Cancel||Changes the job status to Cancelled.|
To perform one of these actions on one or more jobs:
- In the work list, select the jobs to act on. The available actions appear at the top of the list.
- Click the action. Some actions require you to take extra steps to complete the action, for example, deallocating a job requires that you confirm the action and canceling a job requires that you provide a reason.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.