Customize scheduling workflow
There are various aspects of scheduling workflows for both jobs and offers. For example, as a scheduler, if you assign a job to a resource, you may like to know if the resource accepted the job or not, or if the resource can cancel the job or not. Also, you may want to assign the job to a second resource in case the first resource declines the job.
You might like to configure the various aspects of job offers too, such as how jobs should be allocated to resources under offer; it could be auto-allocated or scheduler-controlled. All these aspects of the scheduling workflow of a job can be customized in Skedulo.
To customize the scheduling workflow of jobs, navigate from your profile to Settings > Scheduling > Jobs.
The following Jobs settings can be configured in this section:
- Resources need to accept or decline dispatched job allocations
If disabled, jobs are automatically accepted on behalf of the allocated resource(s) when the job is dispatched. Also, see Customize job workflow and Configure & customize push and SMS notifications (as this impacts SMS notifications as well).
- Allow resources to decline allocated jobs
If enabled, resources have the option to decline allocated jobs from their mobile device. When it is not enabled, resources can only accept jobs allocated to them. Also, see Decline or cancel job.
- When jobs are declined, prompt resources to submit a reason for declining their jobs
If enabled, it allows the administrator to decide if resources should supply a reason for declining jobs (at the organization level). Once enabled, resources who decline allocated jobs from the mobile app are prompted to pick a reason from a drop-down menu. Also, see Job details.
- Allow resources to decline allocated jobs
- Allow resources to cancel allocated jobs
If enabled, a resource in the field can cancel a job that they have already accepted with a reason.
Also, see Job Details (for job-related messages) and Decline or cancel job.
NotePlease note that a similar option exists in Job Templates for individual job types. If resources are allowed to cancel the allocated jobs, it will override the settings of job templates.
- Remove allocated resources when a job is canceled
If enabled, when a job is canceled, the schedulers will see previously allocated resources as having free capacity again, i.e., they are available to receive another job. Applying this setting affects future job allocations (it is not applied retrospectively).
- Enable job completion notes:
Some organizations like to differentiate between notes and completion notes. If this setting is enabled, the admins can enable or disable the Completion Notes field on the mobile app at an organizational level. Also, see Add notes.
- Prompt resources to enter completion notes in the mobile app when they complete a job
If enabled, this setting allows an admin to decide if resources within the organization must enter Completion Notes when they mark a job as complete. For the mobile user, this can be more efficient as they are prompted to fill in notes rather than having to perform the action separately. Also, see Add notes.
NotePlease note that this setting requires Enable job completion notes to be ON before it can be enabled.
- Make completed jobs read-only on the mobile app
If this setting is enabled, certain aspects of a job can no longer be changed using the Skedulo mobile app (i.e. completed jobs become read-only). These include Completion notes, Manage times, Attachments, Signatures, Notes, and Custom field.
The features not affected are Custom Forms and Visualforce Forms.
- Consider job tasks to be optional
With this setting is enabled, resources can skip job-related tasks and complete their jobs. Also, see View and complete tasks.
- Enable follow up jobs This setting allows admins to enable or disable the action “Follow-up Job” in the Skedulo mobile app. Also, see Create a follow up job.
- Allow resources to assign themselves on follow up jobs
When this is enabled, the “Assign to myself” switch is made available in the Skedulo mobile app for “Follow-up Job”. Also, see Create a follow up job.
NotePlease note that Enable follow up jobs must be ON before this setting can be enabled.
- Warn schedulers when jobs are allocated outside resources’ working hours
When this is enabled, the swimlanes will show an alert icon on any job that sits outside the resource’s availability.
Following setting items of Job Status can be configured in this section:
- Allow the team leader to set the job status for all allocated resource This allows the scheduler to nominate one allocated resource to process jobs from their mobile device on behalf of all of the other allocated resources on the same job. This relieves the other resources from the responsibility of updating the job status allowing them to concentrate on other tasks (applies when jobs are in status “In Progress” and “Complete”). Also, see Job Details for Team Leader.
- Allow resources to change the job status timestamps
When a resource changes the job status on their mobile device, a timestamp is recorded against that action, and it is stored as a record of when each transition occurred. If a resource makes a state transition earlier or later than when they planned, then by enabling this setting, they can update the timestamps by selecting the Manage Times option from the Skedulo mobile app. This allows them to change the time and date of the following transitions: Start Travel, Check-in, In Progress, and Complete. Also, see Manage timestamps.
- Disable En Route status
Admins can apply this setting to remove the En Route job status and Start Travel job allocation status if they hold no value in their business workflow. Enabling this setting will remove the Start Travel option from the mobile app. Also, see Customise job workflow.
- Disable On Site status
Admins can apply this setting to remove the On Site job status and Checked In job allocation status if they hold no value in their business workflow. Enabling this setting will remove the Checked In option from the mobile app. Also, see Customise job workflow.
- Prevent resources from starting jobs early This allows the scheduler to stipulate how far in advance they will allow their resources to start their jobs in hours/minutes. If Prevent resources from starting jobs early is checked, the scheduler can choose how long before a job activates the Start Travel button on the mobile app. The duration can be stepped in increments of 15 minutes, or the user can enter specific values. There is no maximum value. For example, you want to prevent your field staff from arriving too early at customer premises. If you set this feature to 1 hour, your resource cannot tap the Start Travel option in their mobile app until they are within 60 minutes of the start time of the job.
Dispatch and accept per job
By default, jobs in a recurring schedule are dispatched as a group. If an allocated resource accepts one job in the series, they automatically take all other jobs in that series as well. However, if resources are required to acknowledge each job individually, then Dispatch and accept per job needs to be configured. If it is set here at a global level, it applies to all recurring schedules across an organization. Also, see Recurring Schedules.
For more information on configuring jobs, see Customise scheduling workflow.
To customize the scheduling workflow of Offers, go to your profile and then navigate to Setting > Scheduling > Offers.
How do you want to allocate resources to jobs under offer?
- Auto Allocate
Resources will be automatically allocated to the job when claiming their offer until the job is fully allocated. Also, see Manage work offers.
- Scheduler controls allocations
Choose which resources to allocate to a job from the pool of claimed offers.
How do you want to allocate resources to shifts under offer?
- Auto Allocate Resources will be automatically allocated to the shift when claiming their offer until the shift is fully allocated. Also, see Manage shifts.
- Scheduler controls allocations Choose which resources to allocate to a shift from the pool of claimed offers.
Notify resources when an offer is no longer available
This setting allows schedulers to decide if alerts will be sent to their resources to notify them of canceled offers.
With these configurations, the Workflow setting item completes.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.