View and manage job details
The job details page presents all the information about the job and additional functionality in the following tabs:
- Details. High-level information about the job and resource allocation functionality.
- Schedule. A swimlane view of the allocated resource’s availability and the job timing.
- Tasks. List of tasks that can optionally be added to the job.
- Notes. Notes for the resources and Completion notes from the resource. Completion notes are optional and must be enabled in the web app Settings.
- Attachments. Area to attach files to the job.
- Fields. Custom fields that may be configured for your team.
- Attendees. Only visible if enabled in the Actions drop-down. It is for adding multiple contacts for group events.
To view the job details page, do one of the following:
- Click on a job card in the scheduling console.
- Click on a job number on a job card.
You can continue to use the old version of the job details page by disabling this job details view under Settings > Beta features in the Skedulo web application.
The old Job details page is still supported, but it has been deprecated (as of August 31, 2020) and is no longer being developed.
Job page main components
The main components of the job page.
|1||Job page header.|
|2||Tabs for related job data.|
|3||Resources list with Team leader option for jobs with multiple resources.|
|4||Job Actions dropdown menu and Dispatch buttons.|
|5||Job information panel.|
|6||(optional) Virtual meeting information for organizations with virtual meeting integration.|
Job page header
The job page header provides a summary of information about the job; its scheduled time, status, and resource allocation.
The job title is populated from the job description (when populated with text it will display the first 34 characters when fully scaled). If there is no description, the job number is displayed by default.
You can edit the scheduled time and date by hovering over the field and clicking the edit icon.
If a job has time constraints configured, an icon () is displayed to the left of the scheduled time information.
If you schedule the job at a time that violates the time constraint, the icon will display as red.
Job page tabbed panels
The Details tab is the default open in the job details page. It displays additional information, such as promoted fields or if the job is recurring.
To edit the job details:
- Hover your pointer over the text you want to change and then click the highlighted area to enter edit mode.
- To apply changes, click Save. To cancel without making changes, click Cancel.
Time constraint information is displayed on the Details tab.
Add a new time constraint by clicking + Add constraint.
To edit an existing constraint, hold the cursor over the constraint information and click the edit icon.
For more information, see Work time constraints.
The Resources panel is where the following actions can be taken:
- Add or remove resources from the job.
- Assign or unassign a team leader (this functionality must be enabled in the web app settings).
- Edit the job requirement in terms of number of resources and skill tags.
- Send a job offer.
- View the status of allocated resources.
- Choose how to notify the allocated resources of the job.
- Manually confirm or decline the job on a resource’s behalf.
For more information, see Add resource requirements and Allocate work.
The team leader feature allows one of your allocated resources to process jobs from their mobile device on behalf of all the other allocated resources. This relieves the other resources from the responsibility of updating the job status, allowing them to concentrate on other tasks.
Enabling team leader functionality for jobs with multiple resource requirements
To enable the team leader functionality:
- Navigate to Settings > Workflow > Job status. Admin permissions are required.
- Click the Allow the team leader to set the job status for all allocated resources checkbox so that it is selected (blue).
When enabled, the team leader’s status changes and associated time records will apply to all resources allocated to that job. For example, when the team leader changes the job status on their mobile device to “In Progress”, the job status and the status of the other allocated resources is also updated to “In Progress”. Similarly, if a resource changes their status to “Complete” when the team leader’s is still “In Progress”, then the status of the job will remain “In Progress”.
When the team leader changes the job status on behalf of the team, the team leader’s times in the Actual times tab will be taken as those for the job as well. In this case, the Actual times tab will not show data for the other resources, unless they manually changed their status as well.
If there is no team leader assigned on a job with multiple resources, or if the setting above has not been enabled, then the time at which the last resource completes the job will be taken as the end time for the job.
Assigning a team leader
To make one resource the team leader for a job:
- In the Resources panel, click the Team leader dropdown. The dropdown list is populated with the names of the resources allocated to the job.
- Click the resource who will be the team leader. A TL label appears next to their name.
Note that only one of these allocated resources can be set as the team leader for the selected job.
To reset (remove) this nomination, select None from the list.
For more information, see Customize scheduling workflow and Manage jobs with multiple resources
Dispatch and Actions buttons
The Dispatch all button notifies all allocated resources of the new job.
The Actions button provides additional functionality that can be applied to the job:
- Lock. Makes it no longer possible to edit the job fields.
- Allocate resources.
- Make recurring. Opens the CREATE RECURRING PATTERN screen.
- Enable attendees. Adds the Attendees tab to the job so that multiple contacts can be added.
- Unschedule and deallocate. Removes the schedule and resources from the job.
- Complete. Manually complete the job.
- Cancel. Changes the job status to Canceled.
- Restore. Removes the Cancelled status (not available if Resource Requirements are enabled).
- Open in Salesforce™. Opens the job in the Salesforce™ CRM (only available on Skedulo for Salesforce™).
The Schedule tab gives schedulers the ability to view the resources’ availabilities and make changes to the date, time, and duration of the job after it has been scheduled.
This page presents data for a day, 3 days, or a week.
After setting the date, time, and duration of the job, the scheduler can make changes by dragging and dropping the job, or extending or contracting its boundaries in this tab.
Click on the job to view a summary of its details.
NoteIf a job has no address, then the job that follows it will not show an estimated travel time as it is not possible to calculate it.
For more information about how to change the view on the schedule swimlanes, including only showing working hours, see the Horizontal swimlanes and Vertical swimlanes documentation.
Filtering the schedule swimlanes
Schedulers can apply multiple filters to the swimlane.
- Click +Add filter.
- Select the filter you want to apply from the drop-down list.
- Choose the filter options you want to apply from the picklist.
- Click Apply.
The filter bar updates with the new filter and the filtered results are shown in the swimlane.
Filter types available:
- Region. You can select multiple regions to be displayed in the swimlane.
- Resource Category. You can select multiple resource categories from the picklist.
- Resource Type. Defaults to Person, with the ability to choose other options in the picklist.
- Tags (option available when requirements have been set). Hidden by default.
Click the Tasks tab on the job details page to open the tasks page and add one or more tasks to the job.
- Click the Add a task button.
- Provide a task name and optionally, a task description.
- Click Save to create the task and add it to the job.
If the job is part of a recurring schedule, you can select the tasks in the task list that you want to copy over to future jobs.
To copy tasks across multiple jobs in a series, select the tasks you want to copy, then click the Copy tasks button.
Click the Notes tab to display job notes or add new notes to the job.
Creating a new note
To add a note:
- Click Add note.
- Type the notes into the text box provided.
- Click Save to save the note to the job, or click Cancel to return without saving the note.
Completion note functionality is optional and must be enabled in the Skedulo admin settings under Workflow. Job completion notes that are made by a resource (using the Skedulo mobile app) are synchronized and made visible just below the notes section.
TipThe Notes and Completion notes fields can take up to 32768 text characters each.
You can add attachments to a job using the Attachments tab.
To add attachments, drag-and-drop, or click to open the file browser to locate and attach files.
For more information, see Job attachments.
The Fields tab displays any custom fields that have been configured for the job. These may differ based on your organization’s specific needs.
For more information, see Admin settings: Custom fields.
Actual Times tab
As a resource completes a workflow action (e.g., accepts the job, checks in, or completes the assignment), their times are dynamically recorded on the Actual Times tab. Travel time and job duration are also recorded here.
To view the actual times for one of multiple resources allocated to a job, click the Resource drop-down and select the individual you want to view details for. Team leader times can also been seen this way.
NoteIf resources are permitted (via the admin settings) to manage the times of the job from their Skedulo mobile app, any changes made will be instantly reflected here.
The job attendees list enables a scheduler to create a single job allowing their resource(s) to service multiple customers (contacts), over multiple accounts at the same time, i.e., at a group event.
Enabling Attendees for a job
To enable the Attendees feature, on the job details page, click Actions > Enable job attendees.
Adding multiple contacts for a job
NoteAttendees must be enabled to add multiple contacts.
To add contacts to a job:
- In the Search for contact field, enter the contact name you want to add.
- Click the contact in the search results.
- Click Add. The contact appears in the attendee list.
Repeat these steps to add all the required attendees.
Optionally, you can click the contact’s name in the list to see or change their details.
Contacts can be removed from the list by clicking on the small “x” button to the far right of their name.
NoteIf the job is locked, attendees cannot be removed from the list.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.